Orange Chocolate Lip Balm
Orange Chocolate Lip Balm
Natural Orange Chocolate Lip balm made with Sweet Orange essential oil, Shea oil, coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, Jojoba oil, castor oil, stevia drops .15 ounces.
This natural lip balm has natural color of the oils, butters and wax. It contains no artificial colors.
Keep out of reach of animals.
Ingredients & Properties:
- Essential Oil: The very smell of orange essential oil reminds you of happy moments and brings pleasant thoughts to mind. That is why this oil is so frequently used in aromatherapy. It creates a happy, relaxed feeling and works as a mood lifter, perfect for people who suffer from depression or chronic anxiety.
- Shea oil: Best for moisture since it actually absorbs into the skin and has healing properties. It offers UV protection (SPF 6). Often used to remedy dry skin and help protect the skins natural oils.
- Coconut oil: Moisturizing. Prevents dry and flaky skin and chapped lips. It also delays the appearance of sagging skin. Helps in treating various skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin infections.
- Cocoa butter: The emollient properties of cocoa butter act as a protective barrier by supplying and retaining moisture in the lips and skin. Cocoa butter also contains antioxidant vitamins A, C and E, which can help slow the signs of aging
- Beeswax: Can act as an emollient (moisturizer) as well as protect your lips from the elements, but the most important role it plays is that it is what gives your lip balm its stiffness and body so that it can be easily transported and applied.
Jojoba oil: plant wax that re-balances oil, keeps acne at bay coating new hair growth, strengthens hair, helps prevent breakage.
- Castor oil: Helps the lip balm go on smoothly, adds a bit of gloss
Nutrients & Minerals found in ingredients:
- Saturated fatty acids Vitamin E
- unsaturated fatty acids Vitamin K
- Poly-phenols Iron
- Betaines Oleic Acid
- Fatty esters Stearic Acid
- Palmitic Acid Linolenic Acid
Methods of administration:
- Lip balm
- Anti-inflammatory Antioxidant
- Emollient Antibacterial
- Aromatic Antifungal
I found this information in an article. I thought it was useful
The ingredients of Store bought Chap Stick and their potential effects~~~
- Padimate O: potential carcinogen
- White petrolatum: contact dermatitis, skin irritation, probably human carcinogen
- Arachidyl propionate: generally considered safe for cosmetic use.
- Camphor: hazardous if ingested, suspected respiratory, liver and neurotoxicity. Avoid during pregnancy.
- Cetyl alcohol: may cause irritation to sensitive skin, some animal studies show adverse effects.
- Isopropyl lanolate: can cause or promote acne on oily skin
- Isopropyl myristate: can cause or promote acne on oily skin
- Lanolin: suspected immunotoxicity
- Light mineral oil: asthma, suspected respiratory and liver toxicity, suspected carcinogen and teratogen
- Methylparaben: human skin toxicant
- Octyldodecanol: considered safe when used within concentration limits, may cause irritation
- Oleyl alcohol: contact dermatitis, can cause or promote acne
- Phenyl methicone: (no information found)
- Propylparaben: human skin toxicant, sensitisation, wildlife and environmental toxicity
- Titanium dioxide: generally considered safe in cosmetic use. Some animal studies show adverse effects.
Go with Natural Lip balm!
Disclaimer: Please do your own research before using my products. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Discontinue use if you have any side effects. Can cause allergic reactions.